
daniel thomas, selena rivers, me, and elizabeth neal
(the Thomas family are missionaries in Guatemala through the IMB.out church partners with them in order to take trips down there.Also, they have four kids- Andrew(16), Bethany(14), Caleb(12), Daniel (8).)

elizabeth neal, me, bethany thomas, emilie neal, selena rivers.
after 5 days... NO shower :(

me, walker, miles, and andrew... this was in the capital on the last night.
we had a steak that was a meter long, literally.
AMERICAN FOOD ! (it was gone in 8 minutes flat)


the people of San Cristobal make a SAWDUST carpet every year on good friday starting at the town square and leading all the way up to the little catholic church on the hill. these people are SO confused about religion, they have a Mayan sacrifice literally right outside the door of the CATHOLIC church. Also, during the parade down the carpet, they had mary come from one end and Jesus from the other... they ended up bowing the Jesus to Mary. :( THEY NEED PRAYER !
this is Maria. she's receiving a set of cassettes of the gospel in the pokomchi language. the man with the backpack is abraham, our pokimchi translator. i was VERY lucky to get this picture because they think you'll steal their soul when you take a picture. KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS... please?
this is all the pictures for now, email me or something if you wanna see more.
4 comments:
AMAZING PICTURES!!!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! Of course I want to see more, either on the blog, or you can email them to me.
We love you!!!!!!!!!!
Monica
Wow!! Experiencing a third world country like that literally changes your life. We get so comfortable in our posh little lives here in the US that it is hard for us to fathom that things are really that different in other parts of the world. I am so glad for you that you got to experience Guatemala. It really is a beautiful country with fascinating people, who you are so right about....really need our prayers. Great Pics!!
:)April
PS. You are a better person than me....I don't think I could stand not taking a shower for 5 DAYS!!!
HEE HEE :)
As long as every one else around you hasn't had a shower too. The pictures are amazing. Glad you had a good time.
mommajoe
I am so proud of you for sharing Jesus with these people. You have become a beautiful young lady,and I am so glad you got to go to guatmala.Thank you for sharing Gods love. We love you. Steve and Darlene
Post a Comment